-1 tablespoon grape seed oil (or other neutral oil)
-1 tablespoon sesame oil
-3 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 tablespoon Sriracha
-16 ounces extra firm tofu (I like Cleveland tofu)
-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
-8 ounces lacinato kale
-1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
-Coconut rice for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oils, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
3. Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and place them in the bowl. Gently toss the cubes to coat them in the
dressing. Let sit until oven finishes preheating.
4. Lightly oil a rimmed sheet pan with about a teaspoon of neutral oil.
5. Arrange cubes of tofu on sheet pan, leaving excess dressing in bowl.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil into the reserved
7. Coarsely chop the kale, discarding the tough ends.
8. Add the kale to the bowl of dressing along with the coconut and toss to coat.
9. Remove the sheet pan of tofu from the oven. Gently, push the cubes with a spatula to loosen.
10. Nestle the kale and coconut around the tofu cubes.
11. Return pan to the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the kale has wilted considerably and
is beginning to crisp and the coconut is golden brown.
12. Remove pan from oven. Use a spatula to gently toss everything together. Serve over rice.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »