Meyer Lemon Aioli:
-3 egg yolks
-2 tbsp. Meyer Lemon Juice
-1 tsp. garlic, minced
-1 tsp. Dijon mustard
-2 tbsp. water
-1 tsp. salt
-1 pint canola or corn oil
1. Combine egg yolks, Meyer lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, water and salt in a bowl.
2. Slowly whisk in oil until fully incorporated.
Meyer Lemon Poached Artichokes:
-1 meyer lemon cut in half
-1 head garlic, cut in half
-1 onion, peeled, cut in quarters
-3 bay leaves
-12 black peppercorns, cracked
-1 cup white vinegar
-8 cups water
1. Combine all above ingredients in a pot except the artichokes and bring to a boil.
2. Peel the stems of the artichokes and trim the leaves with a pair of scissors.
3. Add artichokes to the pot and weigh down the artichokes so they won’t float. Use plates that are
just small enough to fit within the diameter of the pot.
4.Cook for 30 minutes at a low simmer until soft and the leaves are tender by the stem.
4. Remove and serve either hot or cold with the Meyer Lemon Aioli.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »