-8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (I like Bionaturae brand found at mustard seed market)
-1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
-7 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
-1 28 oz. can of crushed San Marzano tomatoes
-1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
-Freshly ground black pepper
-Fresh Basil, chopped
1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot and add 2 tablespoons salt.
2. Add spaghetti and cook until less than al dente, about 6 minutes, stirring after the first minute to
avoid sticking. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
3. Pour olive oil into a large nonstick skillet and add garlic, spreading evenly over the skillet.
4. Place skillet over medium-high heat and cook until garlic begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Turn heat to medium, add tomatoes and cook until sauce comes to a simmer and has slightly thickened,
about 2 to 5 minutes.
6. Add half the cheese and stir to combine completely into sauce.
7. Turn off heat and season lightly with salt and pepper.
8. Add pasta and reserved cooking water. Raise heat to medium-high and toss pasta and sauce together
using a heat-resistant rubber spatula.
9. Cook until sauce coats pasta and noodles are just cooked.
10. Add basil and season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
11. Serve sprinkled with remaining cheese.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »