For the crust
-1 cup chickpea flour
-1 cup water
-1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
-1 tablespoon chopped parsley
-1 ½ teaspoons salt
-Handfuls of your favorite spring vegetables, such as sprouts, snow peas, and/or asparagus
For the pesto
1 cup basil leaves, packed
2 cups arugula
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup water
½ cup walnuts, toasted
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper
For the crust:
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, water, olive oil, parsley, and salt.
2. Whisk until all clumps of flour are incorporated and the batter is smooth.
3. Set aside and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
4. You can prepare the pesto during this time and cut up your vegetables into small bite size pieces.
For the pesto:
5. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Add more oil or water as needed to reach a smooth consistency.
7. This recipe will make more than you need for the pizzas, but it freezes wonderfully.
8. Freeze extra and thaw to add to pasta salads, baked eggs, or just about anything your little heart
9. Turn your broiler to high and place oven rack about 5 inches below the flame.
10. Place a lightly greased cast iron skillet below the broiler for a few minutes until hot.
11. Carefully remove the skillet and pour in the batter. You may need to gently swirl the skillet
around to evenly distribute the batter.
12. Return to oven. Cooking time will be 5 to 10 minutes depending on the strength of your broiler.
13. Check every 3 minutes or so to avoid burning. Remove from oven when golden brown.
14. Allow to cool for several minutes, carefully remove from skillet and place on serving dish or
15. Top with pesto & fresh vegetables
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »