4 cups Buckwheat wheat flour
4 cups unbleached flour
4 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
5 cups milk
8 large eggs, separated
1. In a large bowl, whisk the Buckwheat and unbleached flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt to combine, and make a well in the center, set aside
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and egg yolks until mixed and pour into the well
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir just until the batter is mixed
4. Do not over beat – a few tiny lumps of flour may remain
5. In a small, grease free bowl, beat the egg whites just until soft peaks form.
6. Gently fold the whites into the batter.
7. Cook and serve with Ohio Maple Syrup
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »