-12 medium leeks, white parts only
-1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts
-1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
-2 tablespoons minced shallots
-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
-2 tablespoons honey
-1/4 cup canola oil
-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
2. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the leeks until tender, about 20 minutes for
the medium leeks. Drain, then transfer to the ice bath to cool, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain well.
3. Cut the leeks leeks lengthwise; drain well on paper towels.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 5 minutes,
until golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, shallots, lime juice and honey. Slowly whisk in both oils.
6. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
7. Arrange the leeks on plates and season with salt and pepper.
8. Drizzle with three-quarters of the vinaigrette and sprinkle the hazelnuts and parsley on top.
9. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »