1/2 cup puffed amaranth
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup honey (or brown rice syrup if vegan)
1/2 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (refrigerated)
1. Line an 8 x 8” baking dish with parchment paper and then set aside. Combine the amaranth, coconut,
chia, hemp, sesame seeds and lemon zest in a large bowl and stir together.
2. Next add the honey (or brown rice syrup) to a small saucepan along with almond butter and melt together over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and then stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the seeds and coconut and mix together. Then add the pistachios and the cranberry and stir together. Lastly, stir in the chocolate. Tip: I like to freeze mine for 10 minutes before adding to help prevent it from melting into the other ingredients.
4. Transfer the mixture from the bowl to the baking dish and press down with your hands until the top surface is smooth and edges are flush against the dish. You can also use the back of a spoon to help smooth it down. Place the dish in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours to set.
5. Once it’s solidified, remove it with the parchment paper from the dish and then slice 12 separate bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Although they probably won’t last that long.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »