2 TBLS olive oil
2 onions (sliced thinly)
2 bulbs garlic (cloves peeled and sliced thinly)
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 quart Vegetable stock
Croutons and parsley to garnish
1. In a heavy bottom stock pot over a medium heat add the oil, then the onions and garlic.
2. Cook the mixture until it is well browned. (About 40 minutes)
3. Next add the thyme and stock, bring to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes.
4. Place the soup in a blender in batches and puree and strain back into a clean sauce pot.
5. Taste for seasoning and serve with croutons and chopped parsley
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »