-8 ears of corn, shucked
-2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
-1 cup basil, loosely packed
-1 tablespoon sea salt
1. Preheat grill to medium hot.
2. Roll corn in a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. When grill is hot, add corn and close the lid. Rotate the corn a few times, until some of the
kernels are blistered and the rest a bright and shiny yellow. This shouldn’t take longer than 8
minutes. Be careful not to overcook, or the corn will be dry.
4. Meanwhile, add the butter, basil, and salt to a food processor and let it rip. You may need to
scrape down the sides once or twice. When the basil is finely chopped and the butter has a light
green tint, it’s done.
5. When the corn comes off the grill, slather it with the basil butter. Sprinkle with a little more
salt if desired. Eat immediately.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »