Oven Roasted Okra (vegan)
Serves: 4 as a side
– 1-pound fresh okra, rinsed and dried thoroughly
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 1 full teaspoon for the bold)
– ¼ cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Trim the rough tops and skinny bottom tips off of the okra pods, and cut the okra in half lengthwise.
3. In a large bowl, toss the okra, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil together until well combined.
4. On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the okra in a single layer and roast in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »