– 500 grams zucchinis
– ¾ teaspoon salt
– 200 grams carrots
– 3 scallions
– 1 small onion
– 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
– 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
– 100 grams feta cheese
– 140 grams flour
– 1 egg
– Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
– Olive oil, for frying
– 200 grams Greek yoghurt
1. Wash the zucchinis and finely grate. Put into a fine sieve, mix with 1/4 teaspoon salt and leave to drain for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel and finely grate the carrots. Squeeze out any excess moisture with your hands and put into a large bowl.
3. Wash, trim, and finely chop the scallions. Add to the bowl.
4. Peel and finely chop the onion and add to the bowl, followed by the chopped dill and parsley.
5. Finely crumble the feta into the bowl.
6. After 20 minutes, squeeze out any excess moisture from the zucchinis and add to the bowl.
7. Then add the flour, egg, a bit of pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the chili flakes, and mix until everything is well incorporated.
8. Pour enough olive oil into a pan so it covers the entire base. Heat the oil and test if the oil is hot enough by dropping in a tiny bit of batter—if it starts bubbling, you’re good to go.
9. For 4 fritters, drop 4 tablespoons of the zucchini mix into the pan. Flatten them slightly and fry on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Proceed with the remaining batter.
10. Just before serving, season the yoghurt with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and black pepper and serve each portion of zucchini fritters with a dollop of yoghurt.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »