1 1/2 pounds assorted baby red and golden beets, washed
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1/2 cup divided
1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar, divided
Salt, Freshly ground black pepper
1 (6-ounce) goat cheese log, chilled and cut into 6 even slices or use crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons minced shallots
1 teaspoon chopped chives
3 cups washed mâche lettuce
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spread aluminum foil onto the work surface. Place beets on foil and drizzle olive oil generously over beets. Seal aluminum foil around the beets and place on a baking sheet. Roast beets for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender.
3. Remove from the oven, unwrap the beets and cool. When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut in half. Place the beets in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sherry vinegar over the beets and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Arrange roasted beets on 6 salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of vinegar, Dijon, shallots and chives. Drizzle 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil into the vinegar mixture, whisking to combine.
6. Place mâche in a bowl and drizzle a little of the vinaigrette over the greens. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
7. Divide the mâche evenly among the 6 plates in the center of the beets. Top with goats cheese and serve
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »