-2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, divided
-12 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
-1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into thin half-moons
-1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
-1 cup finely chopped scallions
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
-4 cups cooked and cooled jasmine rice
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
-1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Preheat a large heavy bottomed pan (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté the Brussels sprouts and carrots in 1 tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes, until Brussels
sprouts are lightly charred. Transfer everything to a large plate and set aside.
3. Lower heat a bit to medium. In 1 teaspoon oil, sauté the, cilantro, scallions, garlic and ginger
for about a minute. The herbs will wilt and everything will smell aromatic and wonderful.
4. Now add the rice, red pepper flakes and the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and cook for about
5 minutes, tossing often.
5. Add the Brussels mixture back to the pan, and drizzle in the soy sauce and lime juice.
6. Cook for 3 more minutes or so, until rice is lightly browned. Taste for salt.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »