-1 cup chickpea flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1 cup warm water
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1. Place heavy (preferably cast-iron) skillet in oven and preheat to 450 F.
2. In a large bowl, sift chickpea flour, pepper and salt together. After sifting, add rosemary leaves
3. Whisk in warm water and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
4. Cover the bowl and allow the batter set for at least 30 minutes, add sliced onion to the batter,
which should have the consistency of thick cream.
5. Remove skillet from oven. Add 1/2 tbsp. olive oil to the hot pan, pour batter into pan and bake for
12-15 minutes or until the pancake is firm and the edges are set.
6. Set socca a few inches below your broiler for a few minutes, just long enough to brown it in spots.
Cut into wedges and serve hot, with toppings of your choice.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »