-1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours, and drained
-1 cup water
-3 to 4 ounces extra firm tofu (1/4 of a typical package)
-1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
-1 teaspoon agave
-1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon onion powder
-2 teaspoons garlic powder
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon dried dill
1. Place cashews, water, tofu, lemon juice and agave in the blender.
2. Puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula often to make sure you get
everything. This can take up to 5 minutes depending on the strength of your blender.
3. Add the onion powder, garlic powder and salt, and pulse to combine.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in the dried dill.
5. Taste for salt and seasonings.
6. Seal tightly and chill for at least an hour. The longer you let is chill, the firmer it will get.
7. Before serving, taste one last time and adjust seasonings as needed.
Receive exclusive offers, specials and getaway ideas. Click Here »